Friday, July 25, 2014

The Group!

Here we are!  The 15 of us going to Uganda!  I love our group becuase we are all silly and like to have fun yet serious and like to work hard to accomplish something!  I was talking to my master Pilates instructor about my trip the other day and he said something pretty cool about it.  I was telling him that my main focus is to teach teachers how to teach kids how to read.  He response was about how crucial that because literacy is the key to change.  Any dictator or ruler can influence and tell the people whatever it is they want them to believe if they are not literate.  But once populations know how to read, it opens so many more doors for them to learn for themselves what it is they want to believe.  WOW!  I am so excited to be able to make a profound difference like this somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment